I noticed this evening that my feed wasn’t updating for the site. Of course it bugged me. Took me a couple of hours of code searching, bug hunting and racking my brain to think what changes I had made in the last 48 hours to finally figure out that a small piece of code I had implemented a day or two ago was messing everything up.
The ironic part is that it was code to make my feed a little better. I had implemented a little code to put a delay on my feed by 3 minutes from the time of publishing since I have a tendency to poorly proofread until after I hit the publish button. Go figure. So, back to the old and my apologies for any typos in advance.
One other note, it isn’t perfect but I have implemented some fixes for IE6 users. It’s pretty normal that some things don’t line up but most everything is at least close. The sidebar at least sits on the side now and not at the bottom. I still have about 10% of my visitors using IE6. I don’t love any of you less personally, just technologically. I promise you’d feel better if you browsed better.
I can only think of two reasons why are still using IE6.
- 1. You can’t upgrade your browser due to company policy
- 2. You don’t know what browser you’re using or even how to check
Sorry, I can only help with #2. Go to Help -> About Internet Explorer. Now go download the ‘fox.